A new HVAC unit installation is a crucial step in ensuring the comfort and efficiency of your home's heating and cooling system. In this case study, we will delve into a recent project by America's Home Services, focusing on a “New HVAC Unit Install in Glendale, AZ”.
America's Home Services recently undertook a project in Glendale, AZ, where a homeowner was facing issues with their old HVAC unit. The project aimed to replace the outdated unit with a new, more efficient one to improve indoor comfort and reduce energy consumption.
Explaining the Homeowner's Concern with the HVAC System
The homeowner contacted America's Home Services with a complaint about their HVAC system. They reported that only the blower motor was running, while the compressor was in thermal protection mode. The technician found that the fan motor had malfunctioned and overheated, likely causing damage. The existing unit was 20 years old and still used R22 Freon, which had been outlawed by the EPA due to environmental concerns. Given the age and refrigerant issue, the technician recommended replacing the entire unit.
The technician performed a thorough inspection and confirmed that the fan motor needed replacement. Additionally, they identified the need to replace the dual-current controller. These repairs were estimated to cost $2,184, and they were included with the purchase of the new unit.
HVAC System Repair and Upgrade Recommendations
The technician recommended the following steps:
- Fan Motor Replacement: Replace the malfunctioning fan motor with an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) part to ensure compatibility and reliability.
- Voltage Regulator Replacement: Replace the dual-current controller to ensure proper electrical functioning of the HVAC system.
- New Unit Installation: Replace the old unit with a Trane Brand Package Heat Pump, 2.5 Ton, 14.3 SEER, with a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
- Upgrade Return Grill: If possible, upgrade the return grill to a bar-type grill with a size of 12x24.
HVAC System Improvement through Technician Actions and Results
The technician executed the recommended actions as follows:
- Replaced the fan motor with an OEM part to ensure optimal performance.
- Replaced the voltage regulator to address the electrical issue.
- Installed a new Trane Brand Package Heat Pump, 2.5 Ton, with a 14.3 SEER rating, guaranteeing improved energy efficiency.
- Upgraded the return grill to a bar-type grill for enhanced air circulation.
The project was completed successfully, and the homeowner's HVAC system was now functioning efficiently with a 10-year warranty for added peace of mind.
Effective Client Communication and Practical Advice
The technician communicated with the client regarding the issues found in their HVAC system. They explained the importance of replacing the old unit due to its age and the outdated R22 Freon. The client was informed of the recommended actions, associated costs, and the benefits of upgrading to a new, more efficient system.
The technician advised the client on regular maintenance to prolong the life of their new HVAC unit and maximize energy savings.
Ready to Upgrade Your HVAC System in Glendale, AZ? Contact Us Today!
America's Home Services successfully addressed the HVAC issues faced by the homeowner in Glendale, AZ, by installing a new, efficient Trane Brand Package Heat Pump. This project not only resolved the immediate problems but also ensured long-term comfort and energy savings for the client.
If you're in need of a new HVAC unit installation service in Glendale, AZ, we encourage you to choose America's Home Services. With our commitment to customer satisfaction and expertise in handling HVAC issues, we are here to provide you with reliable and efficient solutions for your home comfort needs. Don't hesitate to reach out to us for all your HVAC requirements.